|This book was haunting…3/5 stars. Review coming up.|
|Because of Jenn’s awesome review. Also 3/5 stars.|
|For those of you that don’t mind spiritual type books. I don’t know if I’ll be reviewing this on here or not. But, 4/5 stars.|
|Oh, this book is SO. COOL. 4/5 stars.|
So. Regarding the reading material on my retreat. I just noticed that none of the stuff I read impressed me that much. I don’t know why. The Secret Garden was good as a classic but overall I think it was lacking in something. If I Stay did not exactly live up to my expectations; while it was haunting and a good read, I expected it to be groundbreaking. Also, how does that book have anything to do with Twilight? Sorry, I just had to ramble on there a little bit.
I think I’m going to pull off an Escapist Appreciation Day because I love my contributors so much. And it’ll be once a month. And we all make speeches… *daydreams*
But seriously. We need book blogger friends. Or just blogger friends in general. Are you being a good Escapist and advertising? *peers* I was thinking of making Escapism business cards and leaving them all over the place, like on sidewalks and in the bookstore and maybe that used bookstore could display them for me. It would be fun and it would probably get a little bit annoying but I’m sure it would work. At least we’ll get out there. I hope there’s nothing illegal about the idea, though. Hey, this is kinda like my last post that mentioned graffiti which I totally am against (think of the buildings!) OOOH CONTROVERSY.
Crazy things happened during my retreat and my head is still spinning from it. I’ll write it in complete detail on my personal blog but definitely I had a good time. Yet, I missed you guys and I kept sneaking on for five minutes to see how the blog was doing. I didn’t get on Facebook at all but I couldn’t stay off Blogger. I guess we all know what my new hobby is.
If you’re an inkpop Escapist, my book The Water Nymph Potion (the title is probably going to change at the last-moment) is going to be up before the end of July. I need the critique and I need harshness. So if you have spare time, I’m going to post about it on here all excited-like when it’s up, and if you want you can read it and be totally harsh. I know it needs work but I just need to know how to go about it. Here’s the cover that Kristia designed. I always like the first cover of a book best because even though it might change later and become more professional, the first one feels so personal! :)
Things that are going to happen before the end of the month that will absolutely give me something to blog about:
- Tomorrow, we are going to a Katy Perry concert for my brother’s birthday. I know some of you might never have imagined me as a Katy Perry fan but it’s probably one of the many things that make me a weirdo.
- The Water Nymph Potion comes out.
- We get a new contributor, Katie, who will help me put together an amazing book club. More on that when we get more followers. *peers*
- I read three books I’ve been meaning to read forever and I review them.
- You finally get the 13 Little Blue Envelopes and Beastly reviews.
- I start editing because I’m on fire for publication again. It’s a long story. I stopped writing and editing for a while but now I’m totally back in it.