Hi guys! -waves- ^_^
So, some of my fellow escapists may remember me doing something totally insane in March this past year where I sat in my room for an entire week and wrote 50,000 words.
Well, I’m doing it again August 8th through the 15th, 2011.
This is totally open, and you’re welcome to join in on my week in Word Hell, or participate and write 10, 20, 30, 40, or 50k with me (but on a SINGLE project of your own, of course).
The only rules for this challenge are:
- You must write at least once a day. (It doesn’t matter how much you write a day, but whatever you don’t write of your daily goal will be added onto the next day. Ex: I have a goal of writing 10k a day, and I only write 7k one day. The next my goal is 13k to make up for lost words.)
- You must blog, tweet, facebook, vlog, etc. about your progress for each day.
- You MUST turn your internet off while writing. (All research should be done prior to starting your writing session for the day or done at night in preparation for the next day.)
- Include the PARTICIPATION badge* in your initial blog post, or in one of the sidebars of your blog.
If you reach your goal at the end of the week, CONGRATS! and you’ve earned yourself a big pat on the back, and feel great for writing a good portion of your book/project. If you don’t reach your goal by the end of the week, that’s perfectly okay. At least you finally sat down and got some serious writing done!
* To get the badge, go to my blog here, and click on the Seven Days page. There’s a code box at the bottom. Copy the code and place it either in the post on your blog, or in one of the sidebars.